Joe Fournier serves as the Chairman for the InveniasPartners Advisory Board and Consultant for the firm. Prior to becoming Chairman of the Advisory Board, Joe was President of InveniasPartners. For the past decade, Joe has focused on leading turnaround initiatives, developing exceptional teams, and driving workforce planning to provide safe, affordable, outstanding care and service to customers and communities at some of the nation’s leading health systems. He served as Chief People Officer for Intermountain Healthcare, Chief Human Resources Officer Michigan Medicine and Chief Human Resources Officer for UMass Memorial Medical Center and UMass Memorial Medical Group. As an attorney and Air Force veteran, Joe has also been in-house counsel for UMass Memorial Health Care, a general counsel for the Air Force Medical Service, one of the nation's largest integrated healthcare delivery systems, and a military prosecutor and Special Assistant United States Attorney.
Joe holds a law degree from Suffolk University Law School, a master's degree in healthcare administration from Worcester State University and a bachelor's degree in finance from Providence College. He also has a certification in Cybersecurity Oversight for corporate directors from Carnegie Mellon University, A sought after speaker at corporate and association retreats, Joe shares insights and inspiration to motivate executives and their teams. His perspectives on innovation, organizational culture and talent are regularly published in industry publications.
- Celebrating Nursing Leadership: A Conversation with Engagement Expert Vicki Hess
- The Path to Well-being Starts with Belonging
- Welcoming the Chief Well-being Officer
- The CHRO of the Past, Present and Yet to Come
- The Gift of Total Wellbeing: An Emerging Leadership Competency
- The Contemporary Chief Learning Officer: A Conversation with Sue Lawler
- The CHRO as CIO (Chief Innovation Officer)
- Innovation, Investment and Improving Healthcare: People Powered Partnerships
- Culture Spotlight: Healthy People, Wellness and Innovation
- A Culture of Wellness and Innovation
- Destination Innovation
- The Talent Blueprint Through a Digital Lens
- 2019 - A Renewed Commitment to Talent—Transformative Leaders Needed
- Transformative Leaders: Every organization wants them, or do they?
- The Business of Culture and Engagement (Part 2): Four Simple Principles
- The Business of Culture and Engagement (Part 1): The Smell of the Place
- People Strategy through the Lens of Continuous Improvement
- Guiding Principles for a People Strategy
- Put People Strategy at the Top of Your Leadership Agenda